Are you a land owner in the Churnet Valley? CVLLP partners can offer the following land advisory services:
Woodland management and woodland creation advice to improve woodlands for wildlife and woodfuel:
- Woodland visits providing tailored advice
- Grant applications
- Woodland management plans
- Help from volunteers
- Free trees for new woodlands
- Sourcing suitable contractors
- Felling/ thinning licences
- Selling timber
Woodland wildlife is threatened, with 60% of species in decline. Lack of management causes decline. Woodland management improves woods for wildlife & woodfuel.
Contact Tabi Kime 07860592302 email@example.com
We can help you improve your grassland for you & your wildlife:
- Grassland advice for landowners in stewardship schemes, as well as those not in schemes
- Meadow creation- green hay strewing and sourcing seed
- Applications to new schemes
- Grazing support, finding suitable animals, grazing infrastructure
- Sourcing voluntary help
- Scrub management & invasive species advice
Over 97% of our wildflower meadows have been lost. Well managed grassland can encourage wild flowers, bees, birds and butterflies.
Contact Nicki Dyas 07960 874813 firstname.lastname@example.org
We help farmers to harness their aspirations & resources towards a sustainable farming future:
- Analysis of development options tailored to your farm
- Funded apprenticeships for your farm
- Opportunities for 16-24 yr olds to gain qualifications as part of a farming apprenticeship
- Opportunities for young people in farming families to gain an apprenticeship on family farm
- Information on training, advice on regulations compliance, networking opportunities
Contact Chris Higgins 07980 838349 email@example.com
Himalayan Balsam Control
Do you have this invasive plant on your land?
Himalayan Balsam is a non-native invasive weed which takes over our native wildflowers. Please help control it by:
- Pulling it up yourself, before seeds develop.
- If you are struggling to tackle it yourself, we can provide help and advice.
- Let us know where it is
Contact Helen Anderson 01538 381356 firstname.lastname@example.org